[linux-dvb] nova-t-usb-2 suddenly stopped working w/ 'no frontend was attached' error

Matthew Bloch matthew at bytemark.co.uk
Sun Jan 13 22:57:25 CET 2008

Dominique Dumont wrote:
> Matthew Bloch <matthew at bytemark.co.uk> writes:
>
>> The MAC reported doesn't match what's on the box, though is slightly
>> different on each architecture.  I've tried with 2.6.22-3-amd64,
>> 2.6.22-12-powerpc and 2.6.24-i386 (I think) from the latest Ubuntu/hardy
>> release.  On each one I've tried compiling the latest dvb stuff from
>> Mercurial and get the same reaction.
>
> Mine works with 2.6.22.15 (vanilla) without recompiling latest dvb
> modules.

That's been my experience on every recent kernel I tried.  I have a new
one arriving tomorrow (ish) -  I will compare the results.  Is there any
  persistent storage that could cause them to be "bricked"?  I assumed
the only software was the firmware which was lost when they were powered
down.

--
Matthew