[linux-dvb] HVR-1800 checkin

Michael Krufky mkrufky at linuxtv.org
Tue Jan 15 03:04:13 CET 2008

On Jan 14, 2008 8:40 PM, Barry Quiel <quielb at ecst.csuchico.edu> wrote:
> It looks like there was a checkin a few days ago that added some support
> for the HVR-1800 NTSC tuner.  Excuse the stupid question but what is
> basic preview NTSC support?

by "basic preview NTSC support", we mean, "standard raw framegrabber"
support -- as opposed to mpeg encoder support, which will be added
soon.

You can try out the mpeg encoder support by using the tree:

http://linuxtv.org/hg/~stoth/cx23885-video/

...but I warn you -- this is a development repository that hasnt yet
been merged into the master repository.....  If you hit any bugs,
please report them.  The repository will most probably be deleted when
it gets merged into master.

Good Luck,

Mike Krufky