[linux-dvb] MSI TV Anywhere A/D V1.1 - Some Success!

Robin Rainton robin at rainton.com
Tue Jan 15 23:50:54 CET 2008

Hi all,

As previously mentioned, I have had some success with scan and tzap
utilities with the MSI TV Anywhere A/D V1.1.

Just now I have also had it working under MythTV. The secret here seems
to be "card=109" with Firmware 29 and Kernel 2.6.23.13.

I wouldn't say it's rock solid as sometimes the card is detected just
fine and the firmware loaded, sometimes not. However, this is a step in
the right direction. I won't put it in my 'production' MythTV box until
things are more stable. For now it will stay in an old box I'm running
as a slave backend.

If anyone knows just why this card works with the "card=109" option, or
would like to experiment with any settings, etc. on this card please let
me know - am more than happy to play around with it.

Thanks,

Robin