[linux-dvb] DViCO FusionHDTV5 Express and cx23885 support

mkrufky at linuxtv.org mkrufky at linuxtv.org
Thu Jan 17 18:15:49 CET 2008

Andrew Casper wrote:
> On Jan 16, 2008, at 8:54 PM, Michael Krufky wrote:
>
>> Andrew Casper wrote:
>>> No cx23885.ko is made - just links to the src files. And I did a "make
>>> install".
>>>
>>> - Andrew
>
> Mike -
>
> You'd think that would work, but no. And it that killed my other two
> tuner card (an hd3000 and an hd5500). And no Fusion Card in sight.

Ah, I misread your previous response, "No cx23885.ko is made - just
links to the src files. And I did a "make
install".   I had misinterpreted this as "No [not so --], cx23885.ko is
made [and there are] links to the src files.

I am seeing an issue now in the master branch that the build system of a
fresh clone does select all drivers to build, but VIDEO drivers don't
actually get built.

(cc added to mauro)

This is consistent with what you are seeing -- neither cx88 nor cx23885
is being built for you, so you've lost all your cards.

I don't know what's wrong, but now I cant work on any drivers until this
issue is resolved.

Why dont VIDEO drivers build anymore, even if they are correctly
selected via Kconfig?

-Mike