[linux-dvb] Pinnacle 800i - obsolete tuner i2c address?

John Massengale johnrobertmassengale at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 01:49:14 CET 2008

On Jan 20, 2008 7:20 AM, Michael Krufky <mkrufky at linuxtv.org> wrote:

> Tim,
>
> In the future, please don't dropp cc from the mailing list.
>
> Steve,
>
> Chaogui's patch fixed Tim's XC5000 initialization problem  -- we should
> merge it if all is well with it.
>
> Please see below.
>
> -Mike
>
> Timothy E. Krantz wrote:
> >> John,
> >>
> >> Sorry for sending this twice -- I sent it the first time from
> >> an email address not subscribed to linux-dvb :-/

> >> both analog

> >> Thanks for sending in the obsolete tuner address message --
> >> I'll remove this warning for the XC5000 tuners.
> >>
> >> Unfortunately, I don't know why your tuner isn't working
> >> after a reboot... Perhaps the device gets held in reset after
> >> a reboot, and it isn't properly being taken out as needed?
> >>
> >> Try the patch in this email and let us know if that fixes the problem:
> >>
> >> http://linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2008-January/022977.html
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >>
> >> Mike
> >>

> > That patch resolved the problem for me.
> >
> > Tim

That patch seems to have made the card stable on my system now. I have my
fingers crossed. Thanks! I can't tell you guys how much I appreciate the
help with this.

Where my other cards, the ATI HDTV Wonder and the Kworld 110 ATSC can barely
pick up anything over the air, even with a good antenna, the Pinnacle 800i
picks up pretty much everything using an antenna I made from 6 coat hangers
and a 2x4! (and it's not even amplified, no pre-amp, nothing) Amazing!