[linux-dvb] Bug in flexcop hw pid filtering?

Newsy Paper newspaperman_germany at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 21 15:52:50 CET 2008

If I load driver with enable_pid_filtering=0 it doesn't make any difference. Problem is that ss2 can only handle up to 42 mbit/s while the stream has 47 mbit/s.

regards

Newsy

Nico Sabbi <Nicola.Sabbi at poste.it> schrieb: Il Monday 21 January 2008 12:12:17 Newsy Paper ha scritto:
> It's really a pity that there's now interest in that bug although
> there are about 10 FTA channels at 39° E that show that problem. :(
>

> regards
>
> Newsy
>
> Newsy Paper  schrieb: Hi!
>
> seems there is a bug with the hw pid filtering.
>

> flexcop-pci: will use the HW PID filter.
> flexcop-pci: card revision 1
> b2c2-flexcop: MAC address = 00:d0:d7:01:0b:58
> b2c2-flexcop: found the stv0299 at i2c address: 0x68
> b2c2-flexcop: initialization of 'Sky2PC/SkyStar 2 DVB-S' at the
> 'PCI' bus controlled by a 'FlexCopII' complete

what if you disable hw pid filtering and dump the whole TS (pid
8192) ? do you still see dropouts?
It's not a solution but a viable workaround