[linux-dvb] Pinnacle 800i driver analog audio issues

Devin Heitmueller devin.heitmueller at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 19:21:00 CET 2008

Are you running Ubuntu 7.10 with the latest kernel updates?  I had the
same issue with the em28xx-audio module where they apparently updated
to ALSA 1.0.15 in the linux-backports-modules-2.6.22-14.10 module, and
removing the update caused it to start working (I can only assume the
module update is out of sync with the kernel headers).

See thread "HVR-950 audio now working" from early January for more details.

Devin

On Jan 21, 2008 1:16 PM, Trent Piepho <xyzzy at speakeasy.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Jan 2008, Timothy E. Krantz wrote:
> > After compiling the latest Pinnacle 800i driver from the tree I have the
> > following :
> >
> > cx88_alsa: disagrees about version of symbol snd_ctl_add
> > cx88_alsa: Unknown symbol snd_ctl_add
>
> Have you compiled and installed an out of kernel tree version of ALSA?
> Trying to compile both v4l-dvb and ALSA out of tree at the same time is
> problematic.

Devin J. Heitmueller
http://www.devinheitmueller.com
AIM: devinheitmueller