[linux-dvb] Pinnacle 800i driver problems

Timothy E. Krantz tkrantz at stahurabrenner.com
Tue Jan 22 13:42:59 CET 2008

Greetings all,
Ok, I feel really dumb but I have having a devil of a time getting linux to
see my capture card.  I believe I am doing everything right, but then again,
I don't know.
I downloaded the file posted about a week ago stating it was a patch for the
pinnacle pci card (800i).  I extracted the tz file, opened terminal, cd
directory to the folder, did sudo make, sudo make install and restarted my
computer.  When I start mythtv back end, I get no card can be found error.
I'm sure I am really close to getting this to work.  Any help for a linux
nOOb would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Can you tell us a little more about what you are seeing.

What file did you download from where?

What does the output from dmesg say about cx88?