[linux-dvb] Pinnacle 800i driver problems

Chaogui Zhang czhang1974 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 17:32:21 CET 2008

On Jan 23, 2008 4:22 PM, Muppet Man <muppetman4662 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> 1. Delete EVERYTHING related to v4l-dvb that you have in your system
> now: first, go into your v4l-dvb directory and do "make rminstall",
> then "cd .." and "rm -rf v4l-dvb"
> 2. Download the latest v4l-dvb tree from http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb
> 3. Go into the v4l-dvb directory and "make", then "make install"
> 4. Reboot and see what happens.
> --
> Chaogui Zhang
> Chaogui,
> Thank you for the response and the help.  I will look at this when I get
> home from work.  My question about downloading from the v4l-dvd tree, do I
> download the finalized support file
> http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb/rev/6303d8072fff ?
> Do I need to make a folder v4l-dvd or can I make, and make install from the
> folder that I extract the tz file from?
> Again, thank youfor all the help.
> Ed

No, that is NOT the file you want. You need the file from
http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb including ALL the patches. Click on the
"bz2" or "gz" link at the top of that page (depending on if you want a
bzip2'ed or gzip'ed file).

Once you download that file (and make sure you have deleted your
previous v4l-dvb folder), extract the sources and it will create a
folder "v4l-dvb". You then do make and make install from that

Chaogui Zhang