[linux-dvb] The new Terratec Cinergy C PCI

Tuomas Jousimaa jouse at pointteri.fi
Wed Jan 23 22:40:23 CET 2008

On Jan 21, 2008, at 9:52 PM, Manu Abraham wrote:

> Tuomas Jousimaa wrote:
>>>>>

>>> Please try the attached patch whether it helps. Apply it on to
>>> the mantis tree
>>> The frontend used is the tda10021.
>>>
>>> In case of any trouble, plese send the log messages too.
>> I'm afraid the patch isn't working yet for me. Now it seems to
>> recognize the
>> frontend, but I can't get any signal out of it.
>
> It should be working by now, as the communication with the demodulator
> and the PLL seems to work fine, the rest being all the same as the
> VP-2033
>
>> I'm not quite sure which logs you meant to attach, but here are
>> some for
>> starters. If anything else is needed, please ask.
>
> A simple modinfo would have got you hints how to get the logs out
>
> modprobe tda10021 verbose=1
> modprobe mantis verbose=5

Ok. Thanks for this info. I'm no expert in dealing with linux modules
and therefore didn't know how to do this. I've now tested the card
with the above settings and my logs are attached.
In the VP-2033 thread you said that there is something wrong with my
and Rainer's tests. If so, I can't figure out what. My other DVB-C
card (Cinergy 1200-C) is working fine and yes, I've tried this new
card with and without the 1200-C.

-Tuomas