[linux-dvb] The new Terratec Cinergy C PCI

Manu Abraham abraham.manu at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 23:10:18 CET 2008


Tuomas Jousimaa wrote:
> 
> On Jan 21, 2008, at 9:52 PM, Manu Abraham wrote:
> 
>> Tuomas Jousimaa wrote:
>>> On Jan 17, 2008, at 8:21 PM, Manu Abraham wrote:
>>>> Tuomas Jousimaa wrote:
>>>>> On Jan 17, 2008, at 7:45 PM, Manu Abraham wrote:
>>>>>> Tuomas Jousimaa wrote:
>>>>>>> Hi
>>>>>>> I just bought the new Terratec Cinergy C PCI -card. It would 
>>>>>>> seem  that it isn't supported yet by any drivers. With Manus 
>>>>>>> mantis-drivers  recognize the card, but the frontend doesn't work.
>>>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Please try the attached patch whether it helps. Apply it on to the 
>>>> mantis tree
>>>> The frontend used is the tda10021.
>>>>
>>>> In case of any trouble, plese send the log messages too.
>>> I'm afraid the patch isn't working yet for me. Now it seems to 
>>> recognize the
>>> frontend, but I can't get any signal out of it.
>>
>> It should be working by now, as the communication with the demodulator
>> and the PLL seems to work fine, the rest being all the same as the 
>> VP-2033
>>
>>> I'm not quite sure which logs you meant to attach, but here are some for
>>> starters. If anything else is needed, please ask.
>>
>> A simple modinfo would have got you hints how to get the logs out
>>
>> modprobe tda10021 verbose=1
>> modprobe mantis verbose=5
> 
> Ok. Thanks for this info. I'm no expert in dealing with linux modules 
> and therefore didn't know how to do this. I've now tested the card with 
> the above settings and my logs are attached.
> In the VP-2033 thread you said that there is something wrong with my and 
> Rainer's tests. If so, I can't figure out what. My other DVB-C card 
> (Cinergy 1200-C) is working fine and yes, I've tried this new card with 
> and without the 1200-C.

There seems to be something wrong. first i thought i was wrong, then i 
confirmed it once more.
(The comment was that this card is identical to the VP-2033, no 
differences) True it is, the only
difference is in the PCI Sub ID's.

The demod and the PLL is there at the same I2C addresses too. This was 
verified from your logs,
that the frontend attached successfully: This means communication with 
the frontend is also
working as expected.

Now, the whole frontend is in one metal can, hence there can be no 
difference at all wrt the
VP-2033.

AT this point, i figured, somehow though the VP-2033 worked for some, it 
wasn't working as
expected or maybe broken. This was why i asked somebody else to test wrt 
the VP-2033.

So eventually that part has to work, for sure, since till this part is fine.

Now the only thing that comes to my mind is the CU1216 module is using a 
newer TDA10023
instead of the TDA10021. (In case, if all your tests went in the right 
direction)

To verify this part, once you made sure that everything else is fine, 
look at the Inscription on the
Metal can: Need the complete text on the tuner, need this to confirm 
that it is not a newer demod

Just take some time on it, have some patience and look at these points 
what i outlined.
The correct information can make things easier a lot.

PS: From your logs, all the aspects do look fine, ie: don't see any 
failures/errors.

Regards,
Manu



More information about the linux-dvb mailing list