[linux-dvb] Pinnacle 800i driver problems

Muppet Man muppetman4662 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 24 22:53:00 CET 2008

----- Original Message ----
From: Steven Toth <stoth at linuxtv.org>
To: Muppet Man <muppetman4662 at yahoo.com>
Cc: Chaogui Zhang <czhang1974 at gmail.com>; superhappyfunball <superhappyfunball at gmail.com>; linux-dvb at linuxtv.org
Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2008 9:13:25 AM
Subject: Re: [linux-dvb] Pinnacle 800i driver problems

> Ok, I did not know about the xc5000 tuner, so, no, it was not in
 place.
> I went over the to the link and downloaded the extract script, and I
> looked at the read me txt, but I have no idea what I am suppose to do

> from here.  When I run the extract script, I get dvb-fe-xc5000-1.1.fw
 Am
> I suppose to do anything with this?  Do I need to put this in the
> v4l-dvb folder?
> Again, sorry for asking what seems like the obvious, but I am still
 new
> to the linux side of the house.
> Thanks again,
> Ed

Did you _really_ read the output from the extract script, which says
something like...

"Now copy this file into your firmware folder.
EG. sudo cp firmware.fw /lib/firmware/`uname -r/'"

Are you _SURE_ you read the output from the extract script?

Steve,
There was no "output" from the script.  I ran the script, a white screen popped up for less than a second, and then it went back to my desktop.  I think that is where my confusion is coming in at.
Ed