No subject

Fri Jan 25 08:45:05 CET 2008

HVR-950. however officially (according the hauppage site) this tuner
doesn't support DVB-T for example. is that true? i mean if i were to
setup the right drivers in linux can i watch DVB-T when in europe or is
there really some extra hardware missing?

more generally what suggestions do people have as to which tuner i should
get which fit's the requirments i mentioned above?

cheers,
- optix

--=20
Want an e-mail address like mine?

--_----------=_120142493875056

I'm haveing a hard time choosing a TV solution for my laptop. It
supports USB 2.0 and has an Expresscard slot. I run Ubuntu feisty and
quite willing to play around a bit to get things to work. But i'm not
really up for writing my own drivers or anything too hardcore like that.<br=
been looking for a global analog and global HDTV hybrid tuners. that is
it should support NTSC, PAL, DVD-T, ATSC and if possible FM, DVB-C and
QAM. I noticed Xceive's XC3028(L) does pretty much all of this and
more. From what i can tell it's in various tuners i could use. for
example the HVR-950. however officially (according the hauppage site)
this tuner doesn't support DVB-T for example. is that true? i mean if i
were to setup the right drivers in linux can i watch DVB-T when in
europe or is there really some extra hardware missing?<br><br>more generall=
y what suggestions do people have as to which tuner i should get which fit'=

<BR>

--=20
Get a <b>free e-mail </b>account today at <a href=3D"http://www.mail.com/Pr=
oduct.aspx" target=3D"_blank">www.mail.com</a>!</div>