[linux-dvb] TDA10086 with Pinnacle 400e tuning broken

Hartmut Hackmann hartmut.hackmann at t-online.de
Wed Jan 30 00:22:18 CET 2008

Hi, Patrick

Patrick Boettcher schrieb:
> Hi Hartmut,
>
> On Mon, 28 Jan 2008, Hartmut Hackmann wrote:
>>> As Hartmut is saying in his email: "I need to check whether this pach is
>>> valid for all combinations of chips." - the answer is no ;)
>>>
>>> please help,
>>> Patrick.
>>>
>> This bit defines whether the chip provides a modulated 22kHz signal or just
>> the envelope at its diseqc output.
>> Can you track the problem down to this bit? If yes, which LNB supply chip is
>> on this board?
>
> It is only that bit which has changed, so yes, it's that.
>
>> If i understand the LNBp21 and isl64xx datasheets correctly, these chips will
>> always use their internal 22kHz oscillator, it can just be turned on and off.
>
> I don't see how to turn on 22kHz on LNBP21. How can this be done?
>
> Patrick.

My understanding is that this needs to be done through the diseqc control:
via i2c control of the lnbp21, yo can either turn the tone permanently on
or let it be controlled by a pin - through the channel decoder.

Could it be that you somehow just forgot to choose the upper band in your tuning
data / dvb application?
Sorry, i don't have a dish - so i need to completely rely on your feedback.

Hartmut