[linux-dvb] Dposh DVB-T USB2.0(ULi M9207) initialising OK but no response from scan

Andrew Websdale websdaleandrew at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 2 13:42:42 CEST 2008

Hi All,

I've been trying to amend the M920x driver to cope with the MT2060 tuner. My
dmesg output looks encouraging :
usb 5-1: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 5
Probing for m920x device at interface 0
dvb-usb: found a 'Dposh(mt2060 tuner) DVB-T USB2.0' in warm state.
dvb-usb: will pass the complete MPEG2 transport stream to the software
demuxer.
DVB: registering new adapter (Dposh(mt2060 tuner) DVB-T USB2.0)
m920x_mt352_frontend_attach
DVB: registering frontend 0 (Zarlink MT352 DVB-T)...
m920x_mt2060_tuner_attach
MT2060: successfully identified (IF1 = 1220)
dvb-usb: Dposh(mt2060 tuner) DVB-T USB2.0 successfully initialized and
connected.

but scanning produces no result. I thought it might be the firmware so I
used USBSnoop ( ver 2.0 from
here<http://www.pcausa.com/Utilities/UsbSnoop/SniffUSB-x86-2.0.0006.zip>
, I think its slightly easier to use than the original) and extracted a new
firmware file (attached) . The firmware loaded without complaint, but still
no scan result. I'm a bit stuck now, anyone got any suggestions as to how I
should proceed?

regards Andrew