[linux-dvb] New Nova-TD-Stick (USB) with new IDs is making problems / is not running

Andrew McLean mcleanandrew at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 3 22:38:46 CEST 2008

Hi folks,

I recently bought a "Hauppauge Nova-TD USB-Stick" for
The stick was recommended by another linux-user, so I
thought, it would work.

But now I figured out, that the stick has new
settings, I mean a new ID and it is not recognized by
the recent kernel-versions (2.6.24 and 2.6.25).

The (new) stick comes up with this:
idVendor=2040, idProduct=5200
At the back of the stick, there is a label showing
52009 LF Rev B1F4, Assembled in Indonesia

The old and working Nova-TD version comes up with
idVendor=2040, idProduct=9580
(comes from Taiwan)

I also installed the latest version of v4l to check,
if it is working, but it doesnt.

In this kernel modules, the a.m. ID is not listet
Kernel 2.6.24:

Kernel 2.6.25:

This is the first time, I'm posting to a mailing list
like that, so please advise me, what more information
you need. Perhaps you can speed up the development
with this information.

I have posted several log-files and tests with the
a.m. kernel versions on the german debian board here:
(written in German)

So, I would be really happy, if one of you guys up
here can tell me what I can try next to get the new
Nova-TD-stick working.

Thanks in advance,