[linux-dvb] Cinergy 1200 DVB-C unsupported device

Oliver Endriss o.endriss at gmx.de
Sun Jul 6 03:42:04 CEST 2008

Jan Meier wrote:
> Hello,
> I have a cinergy 1200 DVB-C card which is not supprted by the current driver
> from the mercurial repository. lspci -vnn shows the following:
> Subsystem: TERRATEC Electronic GmbH Unknown device [153b:a156]
> The device with the device string 153b:1156 is supported, so I hacked around
> in budget.c/budget-av.c and added a156 instead of 1156, and now the device is
> found:

The id 153b:a156 looks suspicious.

Are you sure that the device is properly seated in the pci slot?
If possible, you should also try a different slot.

If this does not help, the subsystem id has very likely been overwritten.
You might re-program the correct id 153b:1156 with the tool fix_eeprom:

VDR Remote Plugin 0.4.0: http://www.escape-edv.de/endriss/vdr/