[linux-dvb] TT S2-3200 driver

Ales Jurik ajurik at quick.cz
Thu Jul 17 13:37:29 CEST 2008

On Thursday 17 of July 2008, you wrote:
> Hello Ales and Marc,
>
> > please try attached patch. With this patch I'm able to get lock on
> > channels
>
> Okay, I want to test it too, but I have some troubles getting the
> multiproto drivers up and running.
> The S2-3200 is detected properly in my system, but I have no working
> szap2, or scan, or dvbstream tools.
>
> The two of you seem to have it working, so maybe you can give me some
> hints: What sources (what version) do I need?

Hi,
I've used last one, multiproto-2a911b8f9910.tar.bz2.

> Is there a clear manual available somewhere that describes how to use
> the multiproto drivers?

Have a look at
http://www.vdr-wiki.de/wiki/index.php/OpenSUSE_DVB-S2_-_Teil2:_DVB_Treiber,
part "Installation - DVB-Treiber" (it is in german, but the main part is in
computer-language).

> What version of szap2 (and scan) should I use? and where can I find it?
> Does dvbstream still work? Or can I use Mythtv directly?

Don't know, I'm using vdr (with some plugins) and simpledvbtune
(http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/attachments/20080419/6a41e0b0/attachment-0002.bin -
it is bz2 archive).

BR,

Ales