[linux-dvb] How to obtain an HVR-4000 in the U.S.?

Devin Heitmueller devin.heitmueller at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 23:41:36 CEST 2008

It's possible that Hauppauge never went through the FCC approval
process for the device, so it wouldn't be legal to sell it in the U.S.

I'm not saying it would cause interference or not work from a
technical standpoint, but rather there could be regulatory issues that
prohibit it's sale.

Devin

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 5:28 PM, Michael Durket
<durket at rlucier-home2.stanford.edu> wrote:
> Does anyone on this list know of a supplier for the HVR-4000 that will
> send them
> to U.S. addresses (or sells them in the U.S.)? Every vendor I've
> contacted overseas
> won't ship them to the U.S. I've contacted Hauppauge's corporate
> headquarters
> and they said there's no reason U.S. customers can't own them - they
> just don't
> sell them here.

Devin J. Heitmueller
http://www.devinheitmueller.com