[linux-dvb] Bad UNCs (bad Signal) on KNC1 TV Station DVB-S2 (STB0899)

Daniel Herda mindphlux at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 13:10:53 CEST 2008

Hello,

I recently bought a KNC1 TV Station with the STB0899 Chipset. I compiled the
latest multiproto and patched scan and szap2 accordingly. Scanning works
fine, zapping works too.

However, it looks like the signal I am getting is very very bad, e.g szap2
tells me:

status 1e | signal 00b8 | snr 00ba | ber 00000000 | unc fffffffe |
FE_HAS_LOCK

I think this is the reason why my mythtv (also with DVB-S2 patches applied)
is producing lots of artifacts and jitters. Really unwatchable.

Does the "fffffffe" really indicate that there has been that many
uncorrectable blocks, or is it really a driver issue that outputs fffffffe
instead of 0?

Are there any patches that I can apply to make tuning better?

Thank you!

Kind Regards,
Daniel