[linux-dvb] latest hvr-4000 driver patches

Mika Laitio lamikr at pilppa.org
Wed Jul 23 23:55:36 CEST 2008

I optained the hvr-4000 and would like to set things up
with less error prone way in the beginning as I will also need to setup
and direct the dish toward the satellite for the first time as well.

Are the single frontend drivers from
http://dev.kewl.org/hauppauge/ the safest way to try in the beginning even if using new 2.6.26 kernels
even though the patch in there does not anymore apply to dvb-kernel head?
I assume with that I could just use standard dvb-tools without any
patching.

And what about vdr-1.7.0, is the multi frontend driver install
procedure mentioned in wiki ok for that one?
(http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV-HVR-4000#Drivers)
or is there awailable some other patch set for that?

Mika