[linux-dvb] Where I can get the open sofware to play TS file?

Nico Sabbi Nicola.Sabbi at poste.it
Tue Jul 29 15:16:38 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 29 July 2008 15:01:39 Markus Rechberger wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 2:38 PM, loody <miloody at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Dear all:
> > I study 13818-1 recently, but I cannot understand the whole flow
> > of PCR, PTS and DTS.
> > Would someone please tell me where I can get any open TS-player
> > or part of source code which can help me to figure this part out?
> > ps:I have check ffmpeg and vcl, and both of them seem cannot play
> > TS directly.
>
> you could use mplayer.

it's the most messy player around and also the least academical ;)
ffmpeg is much cleaner, but it doesn't expose how to use
PCR wrt to DTS and PTS.
To make it short: you can consider the PCR your "wallclock",
the DTS and the PTS are then timestamps when you should
begin to decode and display, respectively.
In a stream the DTS and PTS are always > PCR, thus you
have to buffer packets (PES payloads) and dispatch each packet whose
[PD]TS is <= last PCR seen to the respective decoder/player