[linux-dvb] How to get a PCTV Sat HDTC Pro USB (452e) running?

Michael Schöller michael.schoeller at schoeller-soft.net
Wed Jun 4 23:32:35 CEST 2008

Hi,
I run into some problems when trying to get my 452e running.
I followed the infos at
http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Pinnacle_PCTV_Sat_HDTV_Pro_USB_%28452e%29

and compiled multiproto kernel modules.
The device seems to be detected and working (even if the kernel now is
very unstable)
But I'm not able to do any more.
I downloaded the newest dvb-apps and compiled it. But scan, szap or
szap2 are not working.
Maybe I need some multiproto patch for dvb-apps but I didn't find
anything useful on the Internet.

Can someone gives me an step by step explanation that I can use. Even I
ran into errors I could post them and get an solution this way.

My System:
PS3 running YDL6 (with newest available packaged from the YDL6
repositories)

Michael