[linux-dvb] Remote on Lifeview Trio: anyone got it working?

hermann pitton hermann-pitton at arcor.de
Fri Jun 6 19:22:09 CEST 2008

Am Freitag, den 06.06.2008, 16:30 +0200 schrieb Nico Sabbi:
> Hi,
> did anyone get the remote controller on the Trio working?
> I found a patch from which it seems that it talks via i2c either
> at 0x0b or at 0x0e address and someone reported success,
> but it seems that no patch was applied to linuxtv's HG repository.
> Can anyone who has it working post the correct patch(-es), please?
> Thanks,
> 	Nico

you find the patch from Eddi based on the Henry Wong MSI TV at nywhere
patch here.

You might have to apply it manually, since quite old.
If so, please post an updated patch after that for others.
It is known to work.

Doing the probing of the IR chip in ir-kbd-i2c to make it responsive is
the main reason for not have been included, since it is expected not to
be accepted at mainline.

According to Eddi and Peter on the video4linux-list on May 28 2007, the
driver has a flaw in implementing i2c remotes card specific.
Dwaine Garden with the same problem on the Kworld ATSC110 also confirmed
that it is not possible to initialize the similar behaving KS chips from
saa7134-cards.c currently. His patch version is also only off tree

Sampling from gpio IRQ, what we do on recent Asus PC39 remotes, is also
not implemented yet for i2c remotes and the lack is visible in