[linux-dvb] How to get a PCTV Sat HDTC Pro USB (452e) running?

Michael Schöller michael.schoeller at schoeller-soft.net
Fri Jun 6 19:26:24 CEST 2008

Well that worked! I was able to compile the drivers. :)

And the bad news. I wasn't able to compile dvb-apps. Or to be more
specific I followed the instructions for patching dvb-apps to work with
multiproto. (

http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2008-April/025222.html)

As I understand the instructions I copied the source code of scan to the dvb-apps/util/scan directory and applied the patch on it. After a little extra change for the includes (changed them to point to the ones of multiproto). I was able to compile the hole stuff without errors. However scan always gives me an DVBFE_SET_PARAMS ioctl fail with "Invalid argument".
After some time I give up on and tried to patch szap. Well szap seems to be a wrong version since even used structures in the source code has different names than the ones in the patch file. I got dvb-apps with hg from linuxtv.org.

I'm really down now my hope to get this damn thing running before the first EM match is now not present. Good by HDTV quality games hello PAL...

*schniff*