[linux-dvb] multiple em28xx devices doesn't work (well)

Devin Heitmueller devin.heitmueller at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 03:27:34 CEST 2008

Hello there,

On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 7:10 PM, Sneake <2hteq3r02 at sneakemail.com> wrote:
> I have 2 em28xx USB capture devices - a Hauppauge Win-HVR-950 and a Pinnacle HD stick:
>
> Bus 001 Device 007: ID 2304:0227 Pinnacle Systems, Inc. [hex] Pinnacle TV for Mac, HD Stick
> Bus 001 Device 004: ID 2040:6513 Hauppauge
>
> Both of which are em28xx devices.
> I am running the latest HG pull of the v4l-dvb drivers as of today (6th June 2008).
>
> From a cold start, both devices are seen by the USB probe, however only one gets a /dev/dvb
> /adapter entry. If I remove the one that did not, I get the following warning:

I was able to reproduce the behavior you were seeing (I actually have
the exact same two devices).

Attached is a patch that will address the problem (based off of the
latest hg).  There was a race condition in the module loading process
which caused only the last device to be initialized by the driver.

I will submit the patch to Mauro for inclusion.

Thanks for your help,

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller