[linux-dvb] Fwd: WinTV-Nova-S-USB2

Daniel Ramsay drax307 at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 10 00:33:45 CEST 2008

Hi,

I recently bought a WinTV Nova-S-USB2, and have obtained a few
technical details for it.  (I think) this card isn't supported yet.
I'd be very interested in helping to get this to work.

Opening the case, it appears that it uses
the CX24123 and CX24109 chips.  Its USB id is:

2040:4700

Attached is the output of lsusb for the device.

I notice that the chips used in the device are very similar to the
DVB-S portion of the  Hauppauge HVR-3000, only it's a USB device, not
PCI. I don't know if it will require firmware to work.

If anybody has any suggestions where to start, I'd be most grateful.
I'm also happy to do builds & testing for the device even if I'm not
able to actually produce code for it (I know C pretty well, but have
never done kernel driver development).

Hope this helps,

Daniel.

PS. Apologies if this information has been posted elsewhere, I've only
just joined the list.  The only other post I saw regarding this device
was posted in march, regarding the availability of the device.