[linux-dvb] UK Freesat twin tuner USB/PCI/PCI-E

hermann pitton hermann-pitton at arcor.de
Tue Jun 10 04:22:06 CEST 2008

Hi,

Am Montag, den 09.06.2008, 23:55 +0400 schrieb Goga777:
> > I think that DVB-S2 support in Linux is still fairly new, and not
> > officially supported by (m)any apps (VDR or MythTv)
>
> vdr 1.7.0 already has dvb-s2 support
>
> Goga

to come back to the subject.

As already pointed out by others, one currently don't need any S2 stuff
for example for BBC HD. There is a full coverage of the current European
football championship stuff. The European Song Contest, brain damaged
since aeons, was amazing with the comments there, and within that, some
remaining Royal or other snobism is easy to take ;)

So it is a good opportunity to test, if current hardware in use is still
sufficent, what are current limitations of free codecs concerning
multithreading on a quad core, dual core, related kernel versions,
binary driver stuff etc ;).

All such we could collect before really burning money for some full HD
display or paying for encrypted transmissions with unsure status.

Cheers,
Hermann