[linux-dvb] Dposh DVB-T USB2.0 seems to not work properly

Andrew Websdale websdaleandrew at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 12 00:12:15 CEST 2008

2008/6/10 Antti Palosaari <crope at iki.fi>:

> Andrew Websdale wrote:
>
>> I've got a Dposh DVB-T USB2.0 (marked ATMT) and I've downloaded some
>> firmware ( which was v.difficult to find as the page in the wiki is blank)
>> which put the stick into a "warm" state i.e.
>>
>> dvb-usb: found a 'Dposh DVB-T USB2.0' in cold state, will try to load a
>> firmware
>> dvb-usb: downloading firmware from file 'dvb-usb-dposh-01.fw'
>> dvb_usb_m920x: probe of 5-1:1.0 failed with error 64
>> dvb-usb: found a 'Dposh DVB-T USB2.0' in warm state.
>> dvb-usb: will pass the complete MPEG2 transport stream to the software
>> demuxer.
>> dvb-usb: Dposh DVB-T USB2.0 successfully initialized and connected.
>> usbcore: registered new interface driver dvb_usb_m920x
>>
>> I've tried Kaffeine and w_scan to no avail, (WinXP gets a signal), I could
>> do with some advice on a)perhaps new firmware and b)help with how to use
>> dvbsnoop or similar to divine what is happening with this device as I lack
>> sufficient knowledge to proceed
>> Regards Andrew
>>

> There was someone asking this same some time ago. I think it could be
> possible that MT352 demodulator is changed to other one and it does not work
> due to that. Could you open the stick and check chips?
>
> Antti
> --
> http://palosaari.fi/

I got the front end info from dvbsnoop last night & it says its a Zarlink
MT352, but I should try to open the stick anyway to clear up exactly what
chips it uses, although I think its moulded plastics so I'll have to cut it
open. (@work now, will try later)
Andrew (sorry if I sent an email to you direct, Antii, I'm not sure how
Gmail handles mailing lists