[linux-dvb] Regression in cx88_dvb relative 2.6.25?

Sneake 2hteq3r02 at sneakemail.com
Thu Jun 12 03:41:10 CEST 2008

Has anybody else seen a regression with the recent v4l-dvb code? I have a Pinnacle PCTV HD PCI card:
00:07.0 Multimedia video controller: Conexant CX23880/1/2/3 PCI Video and Audio Decoder (rev 05)
00:07.1 Multimedia controller: Conexant CX23880/1/2/3 PCI Video and Audio Decoder [Audio Port] (rev 05)
00:07.2 Multimedia controller: Conexant CX23880/1/2/3 PCI Video and Audio Decoder [MPEG Port] (rev 05)

It used to work flawlessly under the v4l-dvb branch, and when the code was merged into 2.6.25, then the stock kernel also worked flawlessly.

(all of this is for ATSC streams, not analog NTSC streams).

I then added 2 USB tuners (WinDVR-950 and Pinnacle PCTV-HD 800e), and so I pulled the latest v4l-dvb branch, built it, and installed it: and the PCI card stopped working. Now, trying to capture from the PCI card gives me a large number of errors in the recovered data stream.

Reverting to the stock 2.6.25 kernel modules will restore the PCI card's operation, so that would tend to eliminate user space changes, signal changes, and pretty much everything but the kernel drivers, as far as I can see.

So: has anybody else seen this?