[linux-dvb] A couple HVR-1800 questions

David Engel david at istwok.net
Fri Jun 13 18:39:14 CEST 2008

Hi,

Due to limited PCI slots, I'm thinking of getting a Hauppauge HVR-1800
card when I do some hardware upgrades on my MythTV backend.  I have a
couple of questions regarding the 1800 that I hope someone can answer.

First, what is the status of the analog capture capability?  My search
of the mailing list archives indicates that it was sort of working but
the driver work was not complete.  In addition, from checking the
Mercurial logs, it doesn't look like much new development has been
done since January.

Second, as far as I can tell, the hardware can perform simultaneous
analog and digital captures.  Is that correct and, if so, does/will
the Linux driver support it?

Thanks,
David
--