[linux-dvb] Dposh DVB-T USB2.0 seems to not work properly

Andrew Websdale websdaleandrew at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 17 21:29:17 CEST 2008

2008/6/12 Andrew Websdale

> 2008/6/12 Antti Palosaari <crope at iki.fi>:
> wrote:
>
>> OK, then the reason might by tuner. Tuner may be changed to other one or
>> tuner i2c-address is changed. I doubt whole tuner is changed. Now we should
>> identify which tuner is used. There is some ways how to do that.
>>
>> 1) Look from Windows driver files
>> 2) Open stick and look chips
>> 3) Take USB-sniffs and try to identify tuner from there

I've opened the stick & there's an MT352 (as expected) but the other chip is
an MT2060 which is the tuner, I think, as I see that there's an 'mt2060'
module in the tuner module directory. Is there some modification I can do to
the code so that it gets picked up by the driver? - I know a bit of C++ app
programming but I'm very new to C driver code, but would like to learn more.
Hopefully I can help some others who have this chipset as well.....
regards Andrew