[linux-dvb] Re : LinuxDVB for STi7109

Pedro Aguilar paguilar at junkerhq.net
Tue Jun 17 23:29:41 CEST 2008

Hi,

AFAIK, nobody is working on it.
The STAPI drivers are not very nice because they reused the drivers of
their OS21 operating system, but in order to make them compatible with
Linux they wrote for each driver (including DVB and Framebuffer) a
"wrapper driver". In this way you end up with two drivers for each
device. What is more confusing is that you have two functions with the
same name, one func in the "wrapper driver" and one in the "real
driver".

The only Open Source driver that ST supports is the DirectFB one.

Sometime ago I managed to lock a can tuner (stv0299) in a stb7109, but
then I didn't have time for keep going with the demux part. I don't have
much experience developing with Linux DVB API, but I think the must
difficult part for making it work on the STi7109 is to do the filtering
(that I think is done by the coprocessors) and then send the streaming
to the video/audio coprocessors.

Regards,
--
Pedro Aguilar