[linux-dvb] unstable tda1004x firmware loading

Francesco ml at punkrockworld.it
Thu Jun 19 23:05:45 CEST 2008

Hartmut Hackmann ha scritto:
> Hi, Francesco
>
> Francesco schrieb:
>> I've found a little workaround (not a solution, but...) for this
>> problem for my Asus7131H...
>>
>> Simply adding "saa7134-dvb" to /etc/modules, make a successful
>> firmware loading on boot.
>> (My system is an Ubuntu 7.10)
>>

> Could you post the relevant sections of the kernel log for both cases,
> successful
> and unsuccessful firmware load? Please extract the entire board
> initialization.
> Also: do you run a client / server based application (with early start
> of the server)?
>
> Hartmut

I've attached full boot logs for three cases:

1) System without modify. (firmware NOT loaded)
2) System without modify, rebooted from previous. (firmware LOADED).
3) System with modify. (firmware LOADED)

(Application that use tv card is backend of MythTV, started at the
  end of booting process, just before X and MythTV frontend)

Francesco Ferrario
- Chimera project -
- www.chimeratv.it -