[linux-dvb] Re : Re : Re : No lock possible at some DVB-S2 channels with TT S2-3200/linux

Daniel dvenion at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 20 16:33:12 CEST 2008

Ales Jurik <ajurik <at> quick.cz> writes:

> I'm still trying to find the reason of that problem, but (as I think) this is
> done not by FEC as well not by bitrate. All channels in 8PSK modulation are
> not possible to receive, or the lock is after few minutes. So I'm thinking
> that 8PSK is badly handled within the driver.
>
> BR,
>
> Ales

Could it be something with the fact of detecting that it is 8PSK that it needs
to handle? I remember when I first was trying to get the 8PSK channels to work
in MythTV I had to manully set the modulation to 8PSK in the database to get a
lock, if I leaved it to auto it just thought it was a regular DVB-S stream when
you looked at the output in dmesg.

Daniel