[linux-dvb] dvb_usb_dib0700 and Remote Control DSR-0112

Lutz Lacher l.lacher at abian.de
Sun Jun 22 10:35:49 CEST 2008

Hi Tobias,

> So, sticks IR receiver is reported as /class/input/input21 and you are
> trying to use irrecord on /dev/input/event9? Does not fit together, you
> should try irrecord on /dev/input/input21 instead! (just my personal
> opinion ;)

i don't have an /dev/input/input21, and if i understood the web page
correctly, it's always the same device. It says:

But Linux systems runing recent udev will automatically create non-varying
names, a nicer and automatic way of providing a stable input event name:

ls -l /dev/input/by-path on my system
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 9 2008-06-22 09:56 pci-2-1--event-ir -> ../event9

which disappears if i plug out the stick and reappears if i plug it in again.
eg. now it's reported as:
kernel: input: IR-receiver inside an USB DVB receiver as /class/input/input11

Best regards, Lutz