[linux-dvb] cx23885 driver and DMA timeouts

stev391 at email.com stev391 at email.com
Sun Jun 22 14:10:58 CEST 2008

 Steven,

The card works perfectly using Chris Pascoe's branch, I can use both
tuners at the same time. It only stuffs up when I try and merge the
relevant sections into tip, as per the patch I attached in the previous
email.  So this eliminates bios/hardware faults. I can also try in
windows for you, but I'm sure this is not the fault.

I would like to run a more modern version of the hg code as I have other
cards sitting around that could go in the same system and also I fear
that if somebody doesn't do the work to get it into tip, support will
disappear for newer kernels.

Thanks for help, any further advice?
(Also you lost me a bit with sram and risc, is this for the
microprocessor on the tv card or is it on my motherboard/cpu? And do you
have any documentation about them so I can learn more about it?)

Stephen.