[linux-dvb] OpenCaster (transport stream modder server) ver 1.0 has been released..

Andrea Venturi a.venturi at avalpa.com
Tue Jun 24 10:48:26 CEST 2008

I'm Andrea Venturi, i've been working with my colleague Lorenzo Pallara,
since 2004, on a free DVB TS server software called JustDvb-It. Then
early this year we have been start-upping a company doing the same stuff.

So today, after some more development, we are proud to announce the
birth of OpenCaster
version 1.0, the first release after Avalpa start up.

OpenCaster is still a free (free as freedom
<http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html>) software for transport
stream generation and management useful for many purposes: carousel
server, PSI table generator, datacasting, MPEG2 "poor man" playout system.

OpenCaster of course, grows on top of JustDvb-It
<http://www.cineca.tv/labs/mhplab/JustDVb-It%202.0.html>, the previous
free software we were carrying on in Cineca (kudos for them to give us
this great opportunity!)

Actually there are three main new features :

    * *TS conversion (with right PCR) of ffmpeg
      <http://ffmpeg.mplayerhq.hu/> encoded PS (PCR stamping in ffmpeg
      TS is someway  broken!)*
    * *PCR stamping for Transport Stream bitrate change*
    * *hot multplexing of many SPTS in a single MPTS*

Many more smaller ones are well embedded in the software (please read
all the description files like *Readme* and *CHANGES*)

We made a manual too, after many requests. It's a 70 page user manual
and should be useful to ramp up quickly

To get this stuff, create an account
<http://www.avalpa.com/component/user/?task=register> and then go to the
reserved area <http://www.avalpa.com/reserved-area>. Please, *it could
take some time* for the registration email to get delivered. Don't
worry, it works.

Let us know when you find a bug or some unexpected result. Write to
opencaster-support at avalpa.com

We are wide open to hear your complaints or success stories!

Andrea Venturi