[linux-dvb] Problems with Terratec Cinergy Piranha

Esa Hyytia esa at ftw.at
Tue Jun 24 16:54:07 CEST 2008

Hello list,

I bought today this USB stick (187f:0010) and tried to get it work in 32-bit Ubuntu 8.04:

 - Driver snapshot from today (http://linuxtv.org/hg/~mkrufky/siano)
 - Firmware is extracted from driver-cd (same as from terratec.net)
 - I also changed 'default_mode' to 0 in smscoreapi.c
 - make && make install seems to work properly
 - plugging the stick in a USB port gives the following error(s):

[ 2104.988097] smsdvb_hotplug: line: 330: SMS Device mode is not set for DVB operation.

Any hints what I could try to get further?

Thanks in advance,

Esa