[linux-dvb] hauppauge HVR 900H

Giulio Paci giuliopaci at interfree.it
Thu Jun 26 15:10:19 CEST 2008

>>     As some of You've already done I've bought one
>> of these not
>> noticing it's a 'H' version.
>>

>>     I'm trying to find out if there is something to do
>> in order to
>> make it work with Linux, even with experimental pre-alpha
>> code.

I've just noticed that there are updated informations on the wiki about
this.

> Where are you resident, or where did you buy the card?
> In the EU you can return it to the seller without a comment in terms of one month after buying a product.
> Demand a compatible model or money back

I live in Italy.
I'm in EU, but it seems to me that we don't have such a law.
In Italy we have such possibility only for 10 days and only when we
don't buy in a store.

Anyway I've bought the stick in a store where they offer this
possibility for 8 day.
I was lucky enough to find a WinTV HVR 900 without the H in the same
store on
the same shelf.
The box is identical to the version with the H. The model is reported as
254 in both case.
The only difference is that the H version reported the line
SL-254-V2.1-ITAL while the
one without H reported SL-254-V2.0-ITAL.

Many thanks for Your replies and Your work!

Cheers,
    Giulio.