[linux-dvb] SAA7146 : DVB-C scan does not find all channels

Hadmut Danisch hadmut at danisch.de
Fri May 2 10:28:31 CEST 2008

Hi,

maybe someone can give me a hint what's going wrong here:

I live in Germany, Karlsruhe, cable provider is Kabel-BW.

My dvb-c settop box finds >> 300 dvb-c tv channels, more than
100 of them unencrypted, as expected.

But then, I have a dvb-c card in my ubuntu machine (kernel 2.6.24)
with a

 Philips Semiconductors SAA7146 (rev 01)

and the usual tv programs or tools like scan and w_scan never find
more than around 40 channels.

Any hint where to start solving the problem?

regards
Hadmut