[linux-dvb] multiproto dev question

ChaosMedia > WebDev webdev at chaosmedia.org
Wed May 7 13:00:23 CEST 2008

hi,

doing a multiproto kaffeine patch, i'd like to know if there a way to
match the regular api's dvb_frontend_info.caps (frontend features info) ?

For example in kaffeine code we check for FE_CAN_INVERSION_AUTO and then
decide if we can set INVERSION_AUTO or not.

In all multiproto codes i've seen so far inversion is always set to
DVBFE_INVERSION_AUTO skipping any frontend features check..

Is it common use to always set those values to AUTO (same thing with
FEC) considering nowdays hadware ? or is it something missing in
multiproto that we should keep aside for the moment ?

any comment's welcome,

Marc