[linux-dvb] Testers wanted for alternative version of Terratec Cinergy T2 driver

Tomi Orava tomimo at ncircle.nullnet.fi
Mon May 12 20:49:40 CEST 2008

Hi Thierry,

And thanks a lot for your patch. I've now updated the
Cinergy T2 driver patch with your remote control cleanup.

>> However, I did not replace the original Cinergy T2 driver
>> as I think that this new driver should be located in the
>> very same directory as the rest of the usb-dvb drivers.
>>
> Agreed, but you should remove the old cinergyT2 driver.

Ok, the attached version of the patch does remove the old driver.

> Furthermore there is another issue: when I plug the device, the device
> usage count is set to 0.
> When I remove the device the device usage count goes to -1 (displayed as
> 4294967295).
> This is a misbehavior of the dvb framework but perhaps something needs to
> be initialized somewhere in the driver. I will look at it...dvb-usb:
> TerraTec/qanu USB2.0 Highspeed DVB-T Receiver successfully initialized and
> connected.
> I noticed this error when I plug the device (I load manually the driver
> before, so I suspect a thing in the probe function):

In my understanding this is a bug in the dvb-usb-framework that cannot
be fixed in Cinergy T2 driver. I checked that if you DON'T define the
menuconfig option:

"Load and attach frontend and tuner driver modules as needed" ie.
the CONFIG_MEDIA_ATTACH

The framework will use a different version of the function called
"dvb_frontend_detach" and thefore it will not call the symbol_put_addr
on linux/drivers/media/dvb/dvb-core/dvb_frontend.c line 1220.
With this option deselected the module reference count seems to stay
in sane values.

> I will look at the module count problem and the irrecord problem, we are
> close to propose this beautiful patch ;)

Heh,heh :)

Regards,
Tomi Orava