[linux-dvb] BBC HD on Freesat?

Jelle De Loecker skerit at kipdola.com
Fri May 16 13:32:46 CEST 2008

Torgeir Veimo schreef:
> On 16 May 2008, at 21:16, Stephen Rowles wrote:
>

>> "would like to clarify that the Hauppauge free-to-air USB2 satellite
>> tuner
>> is not a freesat licensed product and as such will not receive freesat
>> services. freesat licensed products can be identified by the freesat
>> logo
>> and are subject to a stringent test and conformance regime."
>>

> Doesn't sound like it needs a CAM, it's prob more about DVB-S2 vs DVB-S.

I've read about this a few days ago and, what I remember is it doesn't
need a CAM. They made it like this so everyone in great-brittain could
receive the BBC without a subscription. They didn't mind about it being
received in other countries because the footprint of the satellite is so
small.

However, I have read that you will only be able to get the digital
tv-guide by using a freesat-licensed product, I believe that's what they
mean when they talk about "freesat services"

Met vriendelijke groeten,
Jelle De Loecker