[linux-dvb] Technotrend S2-3200 (Or Technisat Skystar HD) on LinuxMCE 0710 (Kubuntu Feisty)

Manu Abraham abraham.manu at gmail.com
Sat May 17 23:18:58 CEST 2008

Rudy Zijlstra wrote:
> On Thursday 15 May 2008 11:11, David BERCOT wrote:
>> Hi Jelle,
>>
>> I've seen your mail this morning ;-)
>>
>> Le Thu, 15 May 2008 10:38:10 +0200,
>>
>> Jelle De Loecker <skerit at kipdola.com> a écrit :
>>> Good morning all,
>>>
>>> I'm having difficulty getting my DVB-S2 card to work on LinuxMCE 0710
>>> (Kubuntu Feisty, kernel 2.6.22-14-generic) I'll start with some lspci
>>> info to prove the card is connected:
>>> lspci -v:
>>> 04:01.0 Multimedia controller: Philips Semiconductors SAA7146 (rev 01)
>>>         Subsystem: Technotrend Systemtechnik GmbH S2-3200
>>>         Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 64, IRQ 16
>>>         Memory at febffc00 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=512]
>>>
>>> I can compile the drivers just fine, I followed the instructions from
>>> this French page:
>>> http://wilco.bercot.org/debian/s2-3200.html
>>> <http://wilco.bercot.org/debian/s2-3200.html>(I don't completely
>>> understand French, but we all speak code!)
>>>
>>> But after loading the drivers I don't get a /dev/dvb folder.
>>> My dmesg output only shows this message:
>>> saa7146: register extension 'budget_ci dvb'.
>> Have you reboot your computer ? May be it can solve your problems...
>> If not, I'll do another version with the multiproto plus driver soon.
>>

> Remains the question, what is the difference between multiproto and multiproto
> plus?
>
> Its something i also would like to understand. Another question, how if
> progress on CI with the TT-3200?

CI with regards to the STB0899 + 7146 based cards works properly AFAICS.

In fact, received quite some mails long back itself that CA on these
cards worked properly.

On some machines with buggy BIOS'es, APIC issues I2C and CA issues were
kind of prominent, but generally, saw quite some successfully decrypted
DVB-S2 HD streams with some few persons around.