[linux-dvb] Well working S2 cards?

Mika Laitio lamikr at pilppa.org
Mon May 19 07:00:56 CEST 2008

Hi

I am planning to obtain satellite dish and some PCI or PCIE satellite
card for my Linux box that is running X86-64 on amd 4850e.

So far I have found the Technotrend S2-3200 and WinTV NOVA-HD-S2 that
seems to be pretty equally priced. Then the HVR-4000 costs about 50 euro
more but has in addition the DVB-T support.

What card you would recommend for the Linux usage and for which one the
drivers are working best? (running on AMD x86-64 with 4850e cpu)
And is there any differences in the tuner quality of these cards?

I assume I would with all of these cards use these multiproto/multiprotu
plus versions from drivers and apps...

Mika