[linux-dvb] Kworld 399U Dual DVB-T USB tuner

Owen Townend owen.townend at gmail.com
Tue May 20 06:42:39 CEST 2008

On 20/05/2008, Owen Townend <owen.townend at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 20/05/2008, Antti Palosaari <crope at iki.fi> wrote:
>  > Owen Townend wrote:
>  >
>  > > So two questions:
>  > >  What can I do to enable the second tuner on the dongle?
>  > >  How can I compile the cx88 drivers along with the rest in the af9015
>  > checkout?
>  > >
>  >
>  >
>  > > [4] http://linuxtv.org/hg/~anttip/af9015/rev/22fc34924b9e
>  > >
>  >
>  >  You should use newer tree:
>  >  http://linuxtv.org/hg/~anttip/af9015-mxl500x-copy-fw/
>  >  I have feeling that both tuners should work (if I have not broken
>  > something)...
>  >
>  >  regards
>  >  Antti
>

> Hey,
>   Thanks for the reply.
>   I've rebuilt from the suggested tree and this does indeed give me
>  access to both tuners on the USB stick. Thankyou for the ongoing work!
>   Unfortunately the cx88 drivers are still not being compiled along
>  with the rest. Any suggestions?

Quick followup:
  I had checked access to the dual tuners by listing /dev/dvb and
seeing two adapters. Both tuners are indeed useable in mythtv, but the
output is artifacted and jittery. The output when I only had access to
the single usb tuner was smooth. The hardware should be more than
adaquate (4GB RAM + phenom 9600 on 480G chipset) so it shouldn't be
that. This leaves me with the driver or firmware. What firmware should
I be using? Is the generic firmware I have[1] sufficient or should I
try to use a file from the windows driver disk?

cheers,
Owen.

[1] Firmware from:
http://www.otit.fi/~crope/v4l-dvb/af9015/af9015_firmware_cutter/firmware_files/