[linux-dvb] Tuning Question, Comcast in Pittsburgh, PA

KnightCode knightcode at gmail.com
Thu May 22 04:28:17 CEST 2008

I have a DVICO FusionHDTV7 RT Gold card, which i finally just got running on
Ubuntu Hardy. MythTV found a bunch of channels when I scanned for them, but
it's limited to what seems to be Basic Cable along with the Digital
Transmissions of the major networks (and one channel that was just showing
Stranger than Fiction in HD). Is this the best I can hope for or do I have
to do something differently to get at least the Extended Basic stations let
alone HBO? The scanning tool seemed to find a large number of signals that
produced no picture or sound; so my guess is that extended basic encodes its
information differently(?).