[linux-dvb] NOVA-T500 : mesuring bit rate error ?

kafifi kafifi at orange.fr
Fri May 23 22:36:28 CEST 2008

Hello,

I recently added a NOVA-T500 to my vdrbox. Unfortunately, even if the
picture is really nice, I've some freezes because the DVB-T signal is weak
(I am in 50km of the Eiffel Tower...). I ordered a 0.4 dB low noise
preamplifier (ULNA 3036 from TGN-Technology) to improve my installation.

I will need to mesure strengh and bit rate error values. Unfortunately,
Femon 1.6 is mesuring only the strengh value (about 60%). It seems the DVB
driver of Nova-T 500 always returns 0.

Can anyone can confirm this, and if so, can fix the Linux driver ?

Thanks a lot.
Karim