[linux-dvb] DVB-S card recommendation needed

Thomas Börkel thomas at boerkel.de
Fri May 23 23:50:04 CEST 2008

HI!

I am in the process of switching from DVB-C to DVB-S and need a
recommendation for which cards to buy for watching german channels on
Astra, please.

The cards will be used with MythTV 0.21.

Most important to me is reliability and it should work with vanilla
kernel 2.6.23 or 2.6.24.

It should have CI as an option (will not use it at the moment). HD
(DVB-S2) is not desired at the moment.

After reading the wiki, I came up with 2 candidates:

KNC One TV-Station DVB-S
or
TechnoTrend TT-budget S-1500

Currently I have 3 KNC One DVB-C cards and they work well. However they
have a problem when the signal is too strong.

Any tips or hints would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Thomas